Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Inspired by Ace of Cakes


Happy Saturday...again!! My third post today...I better do some laundry or something today! LOL

Today is the Inspiration Challenge over at SCS. The inspiration site was Ace of Cakes. I love watching Duff and his cake decorating crew on the Food Network, so I decided to join in the challenge. This is the cake I selected...spring flowers with chocolate! Yummy and pretty! My first attempt late last night when the challenge was first posted looked pretty sad. I decided to actually get some sleep and try again.

I used pretty in pink and marina mist taffeta ribbon for the petals. They are adhered on the back of a big designer button in daffodil delight, available from the Sew Suite collection in the Occasions Mini Catalog. I also added a bit of linen thread to the center. The stem and leaf are pear pizazz poly twill ribbon. Matching the brim of the original; cake,I used some polka satin (retired) Ribbon Originals. The sentiment is from Hello Again, stamped in pear pizazz and punched out with the curly label punch. All of this ribbon art is attached on a chocolate chip layer, which is added to a chocolate chip card base. After all, you can't go wrong with chocolate on chocolate!

Now, for a piece of Dove dark chocolate!

Inky, Chocolate smudged {{{HUGS}}}

6 comments: