Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Friday Mashup Breaks Tradition!

Hello Stamping Friends!

My hopes to get back into this blog fell short, didn't it?  Oh well...I am writing several posts today, including some cards that haven't been shown here.  Maybe there will be stuff to read this week!

I have been making Christmas cards...finally!  I usually have at least 5-6 dozen by now, but I only have 3 dozen finished, with another 2 dozen started.  I make 12 cards of a design so I don't get bored.  So, imagine my joy when I saw this week's Friday Mashup challenge:
 We were challenged to use an image not typically seen on holiday cards...and to use a messy technique such as spritzing.  I didn't mash it up...no messy stuff...since I made this rather late at night.  I didn't want a lot to clean up!






 As I pondered what stamp image to use, I came across this "Baby Prints" from Stampin' Up...perfect!  I used marina mist, bashful blue, and lucky limeade for my colors.  The ribbon is from last year's Sale-a-Bration...and if I make 12 of these, it may be all used up.  (Boohoo...I love this ribbon!)  The sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs, "Christmas Verses."  Very quick design...I should be able to mass produce this easily.  Considering my work at a pro-life ministry, I am thrilled with this new twist on a Christmas card!  My baby stamps are staying out for a while!  Thanks for the fun challenge, Heidi!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Waving hi, Kim! What a fabulous idea for a card! I love that set, which is on my wish list. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim!! So happy to see you blogging!

    Great idea to use that stamp, it really is appropriate for a Christmas card. Love the touch of green you added!

    So glad you were able to play along with us at The Friday Mashup, hope all is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - what a great set to use for that verse. It's so fitting! Love what you've done here. Nice to see you around and hanging out with us at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete