Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, November 11, 2013

A Tale of Two Great Moms

Have I ever told you about my mom?  Or my mother-in-law?  I don't think so...which is why I decided to brag just a bit today.  I am so crazy blessed by these two amazing women!  Sometimes, I wonder why God chose to give me not one, but two awesome women to call Mom.




Today is my mom's birthday.  She lives in SC, so I do not see her nearly as often as I would like.  But through the years, mom has always been encouraging to me...in my faith, my work, even my crafty hobbies!  My artistic side comes from her (the musical side is from my dad.)  She is also a great cook...something I only partly inherited.  There are so many reasons I love her... Happy Birthday, Mom!!!





Now, if you look to fairy tales and movies, you might assume that all mothers-in-law are mean, over-bearing, or hyper critical.  Not so with my MIL, Dorothy.  She's fantastic!  She is so down to earth...I think I have seen her upset just a hand-full of times in the 20 years I have been married, and even then it doesn't last long.  I am grateful that she raised Bruce in the Faith, and that she continues to encourage us through the years.  Yesterday, we (the Padan clan) celebrated Dorothy's birthday, which is on Nov. 8th.  Usually, Bruce & I host the party, but since we just returned from Italy, my brother-in-law Chris and his partner Christina hosted (in their new house!)  It is always great to get together, celebrating our beloved Matriarch (Yes, we call her that, sometimes!)  I truly married into a joyful family!

I decided to share pics of the cards I made for these precious ladies, just for fun.  They can only express a little bit of my love for them.

Today, celebrate your Mom!  Whether she is your biological mom, step-mom, adoptive, mother-in-law, or such-a-good-friend-you-call-her-mom...whether she is still living or has gone on to her heavenly reward...  Motherhood is such an important part of God's plan, and we should all treasure these wonderful women!


Ciao!
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment