Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, January 10, 2014

7 Quick Takes...Thank God it's Friday?



Good morning everyone!

I am typing this post late Thursday night, thrilled that it will go live on Friday, possibly while I still have my pajamas on.  It's been that kind of week.  Lingering bronchitis and bitter cold temps have kept me holed up in my house all week.  Except yesterday morning, when I actually had to venture out to do a presentation for the Sunrise Rotary Club.  Very nice people...but being up, dressed, and coherent by 7:00 a.m. in the middle of winter is a stretch for me.  Good thing Bruce is a morning guy!  Any way, here are my 7 quick takes...inspired by Jennifer at ConversionDiary.com  Check her out...seriously.

1.

We so often say "Thank God it's Friday!" but isn't that a bit sad?  Are our jobs that tedious or unsatisfying?  Are weekends so much better?  I suppose for some people this is the case.  But I hope to spend 2014 saying "Thank God it's another day!"  After all, He doesn't have to give me another one...why not be thankful for Tuesdays and Wednesdays and Thursdays... I'll work harder on the Monday gratitude.

2.

We got more snow today in Danville.  Maybe an inch.  It was a pretty sight coming down.  One of my priest friends posted a quote on Facebook the other day... "There is no such thing as bad weather.  All weather is good because it is God's."  He is unsure who said it... perhaps St. Teresa of Avila or Fr. Jean Pierre de Caussade.  Either way, it is a challenging thought.

3.

I spent too much time this evening looking at stamping websites...craving an order of new products.  You know, because I don't have enough ribbon or stamps or card stock.  Well, not enough for Valentines...and I want to make a bunch.  The good news is I only filled my wish lists...I ordered nothing.  Hopefully the urge to spend will go away while I sleep!

4.

This weekend I have family coming by for a belated Christmas celebration.  I am so excited!  Bruce and I spent 8 years as foster parents, and we are still very close to some of our kids...even though they moved out years ago.  Jamie is married, has 3 kids, and calls us Mom & Dad.  Can't beat that!

5.

Next week, I will be going to different area businesses to ask them about underwriting the upcoming Women's Care Clinic Banquet for Life.  I need about $15,000 by April 1st.  Let me know if you want to help!  (I'm only half-way kidding!)

6.

Tonight, television was really bad.  I mean, worse than usual.  I confess I watch too much TV.  One of my goals is to sharply reduce that.  It felt good to just turn the silly thing OFF!

7.

I am doing a workshop at the Heartbeat International Conference this coming March, in Charleston SC.  I will be addressing ministry fatigue and burnout...something I have struggled with off and on for years.  I know some of the things that help me...certainly more prayer, Scripture reading, even stamping.  But I have to work extra hard at staying focused during these cold months.  What do you do to stay focused on the tasks God has assigned to you?  Feel free to share them below.  We can all use some ideas, right?


For more quick takes, check out Conversion Diary


Ciao!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment