Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, February 24, 2014

Love Fest!

(Note:  This was originally posted on my other blog.  I am moving 2014 posts over here.)



Love is in the air at Splitcoaststampers!

I almost missed it this year, but once again, member companies have posted a series of challenge during the last half of February.  I only did a few cards, combining each with a couple of challenges.  I'll post a couple today, then the others later this week.

My first card was for the Paper Smooches challenge to make something CUTE and fun, or elegant and classy.  I just got the SU "Just Sayin'" stamp set and the coordinating framelits.  I work for a prolife ministry, and I am known to say "WooHoo!" a lot.  I decided to combine the conversation bubble with this little guy from long-retired "Baby Firsts."  The top of the card was run through the big shot with my new impressions folder from sale-a-bration. The entire card is in white and poppy parade, including the twill ribbon..   I made 12...and will make 12 in many other colors as well.  I plan on using them for thank you cards.





The next card is for the Stamping Bella challenge to make a spring card (we are all tired of winter!)  It also works for a recent SCS color challenge; wild wasabi, daffodil delight, and strawberry slush.  The card base is wasabi, and the white layer is embossed with Cuttlebug's stylized flowers folder.  My images are from SU's "Hello Again," colored with markers.  The sentiment is from "On Your Birthday."  I added a scallop oval from more scraps on my table, even though it isn't quite the right color...close enough!  Gotta use my scraps!  A touch of strawberry ruffled ribbon, and some candy dots finish it off.

I enjoy making clean and simple cards...sometimes. LOL  These were quick and easy to do.  Perhaps I will make more of them soon.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment