Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, January 11, 2015

Shining the Light with Pretty Colors

Hello Stamping Friends!

Quick post before a blog deadline...I'll edit with details after dinner!  *wink*

This is for the Shining Your Light challenge on the Our Daily Bread Designs blog, and the most recent SCS color challenge which calls for blushing bride, rich razzleberry, and mossy meadow.  After I took a picture, I realize my layout has only 4 vertical stripes, but it's close!









My card base is razzleberry, and I used both sides of blushing bride pattern paper (from the long retired 6x6 hostess pack.)  I ran out of my mossy meadow card stock from my sample pack, so I replaced it with always artichoke, dry embossed with the Vine Street folder.  The main image is from the first ODBD set I ever bought, "Sing to the Lord."  I stamped it with Stazon jet black, then used SU markers to color it: mossy meadow, hello honey, rich razzleberry, blushing bride, and baked brown sugar.  It is cut out with my large scallop circle die an popped up with dimensionals.  I lightly sponged with blushing bride and pool party.  The sentiment is from SU's "Blessings from Heaven."  The final details are blushing bride twill ribbon and artichoke candy dots.

I am spending this Sunday evening catching up on some challenges from the first week of the year.   Hopefully, I'll keep this blog even more active in 2015!

Thanks for stopping by!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. Oh how beautiful Kim!! I just love your use of the bird, the coloring and the alternating dp and and embossed panels!! Gorgeous take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!! I hope to see you join us again soon!! I enjoy seeing your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very elegant card! Love the spring colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Kim, this is just lovely! What a delicate and pretty take on our sketch! The pattern and embossing you added look great with the beautiful stamps! I'm so glad you joined our challenge this week at Our Daily Bread Designs. Hugs, Gracie.

    ReplyDelete