Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, August 10, 2015

I Wasn't Very Daring

Happy Monday!

Fan Club members on Splitcoaststampers know that the Dare to Get Dirty challenge week just wrapped up.  Technically, I still have approximately 11 hours to upload some more cards...and maybe I'll add a few...but I fell waaayyy short of my goal.  I didn't feel well last weekend when they started, was busy with birthday thank you cards, and then had a surprise speaking engagement (filling in for someone who was sick) Friday night which took all my attention half of Thursday and all of Friday.  I had grandiose plans for this weekend, but the mojo wasn't there.  Once I realized I would have NO chance at completing all 40 challenges, I stalled out.  I completed 6 challenges, and maybe I will do a couple more tonight.

The details of each challenge are kept secret, unless you have a Fan Club subscription.  So I will just give some basic material lists.

This first card has a daffodil delight base with a band of whisper white.  I stamped the flourish from SU's "Elements of Style" twice, colored with daffodil delight, poppy parade, and gumball green markers.  The sentiments are from "Thank You Kindly" and "Whimsical Words."  A poppy parade glimmer brad and patterned paper, along with the decorative label punch add final details.







My second card has a pacific point base with a whisper white layer, plus some "Beyond the Garden" dsp that was still out from my stack of thank you cards.  I used "Flight of the Butterfly" stamps, plus clouds from "You Send Me Soaring."  Ink colors are pacific point, daffodil delight, melon mambo, and wild wasabi.  Some striped ribbon finishes it off.








Now I have a card with baja breeze and riding hood red card stock.  The image is SU's "Sail Away" stamped with Stazon jet black, and colored with aqua painters, using crumb cake, daffodil delight, baja breeze, lost lagoon,and riding hood red inks.  The sentiment is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes" cut out with a framelit, and set on top of some striped ribbon.



This next card features an old favorite 2-step set..."Fanciful Flowers."  Again, I used inks already on my table...I had a big enough mess already!  The sentiment is an a la carte stamp from SU that is colored with markers and punched with a scallop circle.  And look...more striped ribbon!  Using my stash, bit by bit!




I am not thrilled with this next card, but hey, it's done!  I used a simple color palette, baja breeze, poppy parade, white and black.  My "Cloudy Day" embossing folder works well with the kites from "You Send Me Soaring."  One greeting is also from that set, the other is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes."  Polka dot ribbon and a glimmer brad finish it off.  I did not mean to have an arrow...but I let the adhesive sit too long before I tried to adjust it.  Oh well!




Finally, a very clean and simple card.  I used baja breeze ink and  sponge to make the sky.  The grass is from "Inspired by Nature" stamped in kiwi kiss.  The greeting also in kiwi, is from "Trust God."  I like how the decorative label punch looks a bit cloud-like.  For contrast, I added a small butterfly and ribbon in blackberry bliss.  I love this ribbon!







That's it... 6 out of 40 challenges.  Not very "daring" this year, but hopefully next year will be better!



Thanks for stopping by.  Hopefully, I will get back into a "regular" stamping mode...whatever that means!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. I have always in the past been a DTGD Queen, but like you, this year life kept me from most of the challenges. I completed 8. I love the 6 you have completed with the sailboat being my favorite! I'll kept my fingers crossed that one of us ends up with a fabulous prize! Good luck, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg, 40 challenges!?!?! I'm hoping to have funds in my budget to be able to subscribe so I can participate the next round. You're a trooper to have completed as many as you have all while under the weather. Hope you're feeling a bit better now Kim. Beautiful cards as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did not have time to play at all! Loving some of your awesome cards- love how you lined up the first one- what a cool look! And, I love the kite and clouds too- your cards are wonderful! Hope you are felling better, and that the speaking engagement went well : )

    ReplyDelete