Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

More Sympathy Cards

Today's cards are a series of cards involving no blog challenges.  The challenge has been that I have needed so many sympathy cards already this year.  In truth, perhaps I am just being more intentional...actually creating a card when I hear about a friend losing someone.  Three of these cards are for families at church, the other for a colleague who lives in another state.  I took card bases that were already cut and scored, then found odds and ends from my pile of papers I haven't put away yet.  The cards were made on several different days; I just happen to be posting them at once.


This first card is for a long-time friend from church whose father passed away.  My friend plays guitar at church, and a song we frequently sing is called"On Eagle's Wings."  I knew this set from Our Daily Bread Designs would be perfect.  My card base is early espresso; I added a layer of "Soho Subway" dsp.  I stamped the eagle with Stazon jet black, then used blender pens to color it: chocolate chip, soft suede, river rock, crushed curry.  I used a SU framelit to cut it out.  The sentiment is stamped in soft suede, and sponged with river rock.  I added candy dots to finish it off.



Next, I have a clean and simple card using all Stampin' Up products.  The base is smoky slate.  I used the flourish stamp from "Elements of Style," thee butterfly from "Bliss," and the sentiment from "Thoughts and Prayers."  Inks used are bermuda bay, lucky limeade, and calypso coral, stamped on whisper white and layered on bermuda bay. Bakers twine, candy dots, and a scallop oval add the final touches.



Finally, and even simpler card.  I had stamped the sentiment (SU's "So Sorry") on this piece of soft sky months ago, but didn't use it.  I needed something quickly, so I just added a layer of basic black and some "Sweet Sorbet" dsp to pull the colors together.  Again, I added bakers twine and candy dots...easy to use and easy to mail.

I actually had this post set up over a week ago with pictures and no text.  I have been awful about blogging; busy with regular work stuff.  I hope to finish another half completed post tonight.  Then it's time for Virtual Stamp Night!  I am hosting a challenge THIS Saturday, and I am busy making samples!  Hope to see you in the galleries!




Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kim! You are on fire! Yet another post with sensational cards.

    ReplyDelete