Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Clusters of Cards

Hello Stamping Friends!

Recently I had stated that I had been stamping but not blogging.  So today I decided to post some of the cards I made in the last 2-3 weeks, with some brief descriptions.

This first batch is the most recent, and all four of the cards have already been mailed.  I was very behind on my birthday cards.  I had the card bases cut, intending to use a different dsp, but opted for "Patio Party" after I looked at my May birthday calendar!  Since the cards went in many directions, I used the same stamp and supplies.  The card bases are summer starfruit and midnight muse.  One card also uses strawberry slush card stock.  Lots of different patterns of Patio Party were used, plus some stitched ribbon in starfruit and raspberry ripple.  The sentiment is from "Word Play," colored with midnight, starfruit, and raspberry markers and layered with scallop circle punches.  Easy-peasy.







Next, I wanted a more masculine batch.  When I was a SU demo, I got samples of dsp that I displayed in baseball card folders. I still have the samples, and periodically make a batch featuring them.  This was simply a Text dp (can't remember the name) so all the pieces look the same.  Card bases are bravo burgundy and sahara sand, and there is some not quite navy also used. I used "The Open Sea" to stamp on the dp.  Various sentiments were used, all stamped on vanilla:  "Hello Again," "On Your Birthday," "Delightful Dozen," and "Whimsical Words."  Avery Elle enamel dots, burlap, and brads add the final details.  






Now I have a fun set featuring "Domestic Goddess" dsp. I never bought a pack of this; it did not appeal to me at all.  But now that I used the samples, I wish I had more!  The colors are springy...looks a bit retro!  Card stock used includes pool party, so saffron, calypso coral, and smoky slate.  The slate ws dry embossed with my houndstooth folder.  Bakers twine and taffeta ribbon add soft touches.   I used a sentiment from "Whimsical Words" on six of the cards, then donated those to a non-profit in town that always needs thank you cards.  The other card features a sentiment from There She Goes stamps (no longer in business).  I gave that card to my friend who helps me with housework every week, since I am physically unable to do much of it.  I used to hide my messy craft room.  No more!  The sentiment on her card says, "The only place housework comes before stamping is in the dictionary."  So true!





Next, two similar cards.  I had a piece of "Comfort Cafe" dsp on my cutting table, which started things off.  Card bases are cajun craze,, with a layer of soft suede.  The suede is dry embossed with the Cuttlebug folder "stylized flowers."  The sentiment is from "Blessings from Heaven," stamped in midnight muse on vanilla.  My punches helped a lot: circle, scallop circle, and butterfly.  Midnight muse ribbon finishes it off.  I wanted midnight ribbon for the birthday cards, but I can't find it!  I may have to clean up my space!  LOL


Finally, I made 2 of these ink-less cards.  My husband and I have two friends who are priests, and Star Wars fanatics.  A while back we saw some goofy Star Wars kitchen items which we bought just to give as silly gifts.  For a few years, May 4th has been known as Star Wars Day on social media.  We couldn't send the gifts without cards, right?  The card base is sahara sand.  I added some "Going Places" dsp.  I ran some vanilla card stock through my printer for the sentiment, using Amatic font, size 48.  It is mounted on more mustard card stock.  I had some corrugated card stock which I cut using two star punches. Very quick and simple.




Whew!  Lots of cards from different days.  Hopefully I will have new cards to post tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



4 comments:

  1. Yowsers, you've been busy! I have the DSP from your first set and didn't really like it all that much and wondered what to do with it. Well, I feel a CASE coming on because I LOVE your collection. The Open Sea has always been a favorite of mine and you certainly did it justice with your second collection! I still have some Comfort Cafe sitting here, too, and you've given me even more inspiration. I'm sure your friends will love your last card...as would any Star Wars fan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What awesome collections, Kim! Each set unique and divine!!

    ReplyDelete