Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, July 25, 2016

Another Playful Friday

(I intended this to go live on July 22...Technical difficulties!)
Hello again, everyone!
It seems Friday has become my primary stamping day recently.  Despite looking at challenges throughout the week, I just don't get around to the actual creation part.  But since I am trying to complete the Paper Players 2016 challenges, and I started late any way on this goal, and Friday is their LinkUp deadline...well there ya go!  Instead of doing all of the Clean and Simple Challenges at once (last week I caught up on color) I decided to do the two recent ones.  Each is combined with a challenge from Splitcoaststampers.  
(Once again my camera is not uploading to my laptop...grrr.  So this will not make the deadline.  Clearly, I should have started sooner!  LOL)

The first card uses a watercolor with a fresh color challenge:  so saffron, calypso coral and crisp cantaloupe.  I stamped images from "Fifth Avenue Floral" on  watercolor paper and used my aqua brush to paint the colors.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities, punched out with the scalloped circle.  After adding thick bakers twine, I mounted it onto coral card stock, and then a saffron base.





Next, today's Free4All challenge is all about Christmas in July, which works out since I missed that one from The Paper Players a couple of weeks ago.  Since July is nearly over, I decided I better get this done!  My card base is SU brushed gold.  The dp is a Karen Foster Designs piece that I purchased YEARS ago at a big box store.  I bought it for scrapbooking, which I never do anymore, so I think I'll make a few more of these cards with the rest of the sheet.  The sentiment is from SU "Delightful Dozen" on an oval already cut and in my stash.  Gold brads and gold embroidery thread add some holiday glamour!  


That's it for today.  I hope to participate in the upcoming Dare to Get Dirty challenges...and maybe even post a few cards!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment