Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Comfy & Cozy VSN!



Hello Stampin' Friends!

This weekend is Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoaststampers.  As much as i need to finish Christmas shopping, cards. etc, I am so happy to stamp a variety of cards.  I had a bridal shower today, 2 upcoming weddings, and several January & February birthdays.  Never a shortage of reasons to stamp, right?  I made 3 cards last night...and once I finish this post, I'll get right back to my stamps!


My first card was made for the sketch challenge, given to my friend Suzie at her bridal shower this morning.  I pulled out some retired DSP, which led me to a Christmas color palette.  But I used very little of it; just the chocolate chip pattern. I used the Big shot to cut out the scallop circle and dry emboss the garden green layer.  In looking for an image, I found this barely-used stamp from My Favorite Things.  (Can't remember the name, but it is from the popular Who's That Girl? series.)  The image was heat embossed, then colored with markers.  Now that I am done with my SU club, I will be using many other stamps!  The sentiment on the front is SU's Well Scripted.  The inside has a MFT "Clearly Sentimental" phrase.  A bit of sheer ribbon, some sponging and a punched heart finish it off.



The second VSN card called for a Cool Color palette of our choice, and I combined it with a recent SCS sketch challenge found here.  I had one couple in mind for this wedding card, but then this morning, the bride-to-be said her wedding theme is snowflakes.  Ta-dah!  My card base is wisteria wonder, with a layer of the same embossed with Plenty-of-Petals folder.  I used Serene Snowflakes to make my own pattern paper, using wisteria wonder, concord crush, pool party, and indigo island inks.  It needed some pop, so I layered with island indigo.  A small piece of concord crush dsp and some concord ribbon count for other layers.  The sentiment is from SU's "Trust God", on scallop oval and modern label punches.  The felt snowflake is long-retired from SU, but perfect with a polka dotted brad for this winter wedding card.  This is a FAT card...good thing it will be hand delivered!

My final card from last night is this quick one for a birthday.  The challenge was to use a quilt theme.  My card base is cherry cobbler.  I used a square punch with various patterns of Winter Lodge dsp, mounted on marina mist, then embossed with houndstooth folder. I added faux stitching with an early espresso marker.  The sentiment is from Happiest Birthday Wishes, punched with the extra large scallop circle.  Even my espresso ribbon is quilted!

Thanks for stopping by!  Time to stamp some more!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim
 






2 comments:

  1. Ohh...all 3 are fabulous. Love the stitching, embossing, and ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards Kim! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family/friends!

    Hugs & Love Sweetie!!!

    ReplyDelete