Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, December 20, 2012

More VSN cards!

Well, despite my grandiose plans to complete this weekend's VSN challenges, I only got 3 others done on Saturday (doped up on arthritis meds...ugh), and none on Sunday (church, Christmas shopping and a movie!)  I am sure I will do a few others just for fun.  These cards were done "on time" but not uploaded.  Good thing there is no deadline for my blog!  *wink*  My descriptions will be very brief tonight...gotta finish addressing Christmas cards!

This first card is for a challenge to feature red, and possibly a fire theme.  I feature Poppy Parade.  I did very little stamping on this card.  Instead I feature punches...the stocking, modern label, circle, and bird punch (for the flames) are all from Stampin Up.  The logs and fireplace are simply a wood patterned paper.  The sentiment is from Flexible Phrases.


The next challenge card uses pine trees, as well as a sketch challenge found earlier on SCS.  Love this Winter Lodge dsp, the taffeta ribbon...and just a bit of dazzling diamonds.  Of course, the image is from Lovely as a Tree.
I loved the VSN kids challenge to use felt!  I cannot believe I had these felt snowflakes for years...untouched...then I used them twice for the same VSN.  Hoarding can be a good thing!  Ha!  The card features blushing bride card stock and ribbon, baja breeze pattern paper, On Your Birthday sentiment in basic gray...and a fabulous glimmer brad.  Perfect for a January birthday!

I will be away from my stamping for a while as I celebrate Christmas and a wedding in the next 10 days.  Wonder if I'll experience withdrawal???

Have a Merry CHRISTmas!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment