Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, February 9, 2015

Dare to Make a Quick Card!


Hello Stamping Friends!!

I pondered this color combo from The Color Throwdown, but had not come up with anything.  I figured the time had passed, but when I checked the blog, there was still 55 minutes before the Linky expired.  So of course, I had to try something!  Of course, since it is nearly 5 pm here, there is virtually no natural light.  But I loved the adrenaline rush while making and uploading a card in less than one hour.

All of the supplies are from Stampin' Up! I actually needed a sympathy card, and this fits the bill.  My card base is pool party.  My layer of night of navy is embossed with the chevron folder.  On whisper white, I stamped these images from "Thanks for Caring." I used markers to color them: night of navy, tangerine tango, and garden green.  After stamping, I embossed with the cloudy day folder.  I sponged garden green for the grass and pool party in the sky.  I added a simple strip of pool party seam binding.  The greeting is from the same set, punched with the scallop oval and popped up with dimensionals.  
That's it...quick, clean,and simple.  Thanks for stopping by!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

3 comments:

  1. You did good girl!! I very rarely whip out a card in that timeframe!! Love the images and sentiment!! Embossed clouds are wonderful!! So happy you played with us at CTD!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty design with the flower, butterfly, and the awesome embossed clouds...sooo beautifully done!!! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the embossed clouds with your sweet blossom and butterfly! What a great card of encouragement, Kim!

    ReplyDelete