Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, December 7, 2015

A Few Fresh Sketches

Hello Again!

Two posts in one day...what's up with that?  Well, if I had my act together, I would have put a couple of cards in one post, but that didn't happen.  I did my farewell to the Colour Me challenge earlier, and now I am doing this week's Freshly Made Sketches challenge, plus last week's to help me catch up.  I'm getting very close to finishing my goal!

This first card is for the current FMS challenge, just barely on time.  I combined it with  CMCC99, just for a push to wrap up as many of those as I can before the end of the year.  I realize snowflakes are not pink and purple, but I thought these colors would still be cute with a snow theme.


My card base is thick whisper white.  I embossed regular whisper white with the Northern Flurries folder, then sponged perfect plum over the pattern.  I outlined the panel with my melon mambo marker.  Both sentiments are from "On Your Birthday," stamped in rose red and rich razzleberry.  I had a scrap of melon mambo dp for the pennant.I also stamped some "Serene Snowflakes" on the pennant.  Rich razzleberry satin ribbon and a string of basic rhinestones finish off this girly winter card.














While the next sketch shows a snowflake, I paired it with CMCC98 which has a more autumn palette.  I needed a masculine card quickly to send to one of my brothers-in-law.






The base is cherry cobbler, layered with soft suede and very vanilla that is embossed with the wood grain folder.  Scallop circle punches and markers accentuate the sentiment from SU's "Word Play."  Suede ribbon and candy dots are the final touches.

Whew!  Feels good to be blogging again!  Now I need to concentrate on this weekends Virtual Stamp Night samples (I'm hosting a challenge Friday night!)

Thanks for stopping by!



Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I love how you've made one Christmas themed and one Fall themed card. You are a mulit-tasker. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really pretty, Kim. You do such a great job with your sketch interpretations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, Kim! I love them both and the sketches and colors - and I just realized that the card on my blog today looks like your blog design background :) Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love jump starting my creativity with Sketch challenges. Love your idea to add visual interest to the BG with the sponged embossing, and the banner is great. Loving the colors on the 2nd card.

    ReplyDelete