Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Birthday Giraffe

(Note:  This post originally was posted to my other blog.  I am moving 2014 posts over here.)


Hello Stamping Friends!

Quick post here, just in time for The Friday Mashup deadline!  I really wanted to do both parts of this Mashup, which meant doing a shaker card.  But it just wasn't happening!  I still wanted to participate, so I did the other part which was to include an animal.




In my efforts to use scraps and such, I had this card base with this Autumn Spice DSP already attached.  So I decided to go with the earthy colors.  I pulled out SU's "Zoo Review" for this giraffe.  My mom absolutely LOVES giraffes!  I plan on giving  this to her later this year (her birthday is in November.)  I love how the hints of the color pool party in the dsp works for a clear African sky.  My image was stamped on vey vanilla card stock with Stazon jet black, and colored with more mustard and soft suede markers, then I added grass and sponging for the ground and sky and matted it on soft suede textured card stock.  I used "Inspire by Nature" for backbe ready for the nextground grass on the card base.  The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes." paired with the word window and scallop oval punches.  Ruffled ribbon finishes it off.




Now, it's time to clean up my mess so I can be ready for the next Mashup to be posted in 2 days!  WooHoo!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment