Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, September 1, 2014

Inspired by Pillows

(Note:  This was originally posted on my other blog.  I am moving 2014 posts over here.)



Hello!  It's another post for a Monday!

Every now and then, I remember to look at The Card Concept blog.  It's still new to me, so I need to put it on my calendar, so to speak.  This one really caught my eye last week.  I actually made 3 cards; all the same design, but I was trying to get one "good enough" for a picture.  Fortunately, dear hubby was around today to take care of it!  This inspiration for the challenge is here:  

I instantly thought of the color summer starfruit and decided to pair it with smokey slate, as in the shadows of the photo.  I was also inspired by the pillows and the flowers, which I used in stamping and embossing.  I consider my card "Clean and Layered."  The top layer of smokey slate is embossed with SU's petals-a-plenty folder.  My stamped flower is from "Baroque Motifs" and the sentiment is from "Hello Again," all stamped on whisper white squares.  I added some stitched satin ribbon for the final detail.
This should be an easy design to make in many colors!  Now I am off to The Card Concept blog to comment on a few other submissions!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment