Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, September 5, 2014

Triple Challenge Card

(Note:  This was originally posted on my other blog.  I am moving 2014 posts over here.)


Happy Friday!

Today I have a card I made on Wednesday.  I intended to  re-do it, because I wasn't thrilled with my execution...but I just started a new consulting job (WooHoo!) so I haven't had time to stamp.  Since one of the challenges is The Paper Players, I decided to go ahead and post it.  I used the center vertical row...green, embossing, and ribbon!





This card also works for the SCS Sketch challenge #503 (last week) and SCS Color challenge #494 (this week) which prescribed wild wasabi, melon mambo, and basic gray.

I started with a basic gray card base, and added some melon polka dot paper from the pattern stack.  I used the scallop trim punch on the bottom edge.  My wild wasabi card stock was embossed with the fancy fans folder, and I used a corner rounder punch on the outside panels.  The floral images are from SU's "Vintage Vogue" and the sentiment is from Stampabilities.  All of the stamping was done with versamark on whisper white card stock, then I used clear embossing powder.  With sponge daubers, I added the wasabi and melon ink, in the emboss resist method.  The center panel had flowers, then I realized I need a sentiment that fit the sketch.  When I re-do this, I'll make that panel fit better!  Melon mambo polka dot ribbon and candy dots finish it off.

So, I like my design...just need to tweak it a bit.  Tell me what you think!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment