Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, March 25, 2019

Bright Color Throwdown


  I am posting a card I made last Wednesday for the Sketch challenge on SCS, along with  the Color Throwdown for the week.  I am finally posting here; still getting acclimated to my blog again.  The first card I made used vanilla instead of white, and the sketch wasn't quite right.  (It was also combined with a recent SCS Inspiration challenge.)  So I made a second card which I am much happier with.  The colors definitely look brighter on white!  I used very old SU stamps - "Three Little Words" and "Define Your Life." The card base is the thick style of whisper white.  I used daffodil delight pattern paper for the large layer, and a strip of real red pattern paper (from an old hostess 6x6 stack!) for the narrow strip.  Using real red and pear pizzazz markers, I colored the tulip and stamped three times on the oval die cut.  A scrap of certainly celery is finally used up as a matte for the sentiment stamped in pear pizzazz. Red enamel hearts are the finishing elements.  Feels Like spring!  

Here's my other card, which I still haven't uploaded to my gallery yet.  I looked on the Inspiration site, and found this item with lots of red.  That's why I chose it for the color throwdown, but it just didn't work for me.  Not a bad card, just didn't feel like the best fit for the challenges.  The feathers weren't showing up enough, especially in the lighter yellow and green colors.  Great excuse to make that other card!
Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment: