Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Spring Virtual Stamp Night!

Hello Friends!

I am finally posting my Mini VSN cards here.  The Mini took place on March 8th, but there is actually still time to play!  Misti, Lee, and I give out "VSN Virtuoso" prizes for people who complete ALL of the challenges.  Since some people come by later, we don't want to punish them for missing the Mini.  But you have to upload your Mini projects by Thursday April 11th.  The Main VSN kicks off Friday April 12, and continues Saturday the 13th.  Our theme is "From Here to There," and you can come and chat about it HERE.

I hosted the first challenge, "Traveling Ink."  I challenged people to use the Rolling Marble Background technique, and I was thrilled to hear how much fun everyone had!  I used regal rose, lovely lilac, and lucky limeade for my backgrounds.  Cutting a full sheet of whisper white in quarters, it took me less than 10 minutes (easily) to make the backgrounds.  Then I had fun picking various stamps to complete four different cards.  The one with the bird features "Elements of Style."  The bicycle card features an image from Stampabilities.  The big prima-like flowers have been in my stash for years, as well as the big yellow brads.  That card will need extra postage! The card with the ruched ribbon is my favorite.  I colored white ribbon with markers and used my heat tool to scrunch it up.  Fun color and texture!  The stamps are from "Just Believe."


 


Next, Misti gave us an inspiration challenge, with photos of travel ready snacks.  Instead of picking ine snack, I just went with the image of compartments and colors.  I used lots of old 6x6 pattern paper from SU!  My elephant is an old SU image, but I don't know the set, since it is in a box of random stamps.



Finally, Lee had us use Arrows on our cards.  I only have one stamp with an arrow (from SU's Word Play), so I added some by using the photo corner punch.  A local high school has blue and gold for its colors, so this will make a nice graduation card.
I am looking forward to the big event in April!  Hope to get started on samples this weekend.  Mark your calendars for April 12 & 13!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment