Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, March 4, 2019

Hello Spring?



Quick post today, because I almost forgot to post this card, and the blog deadline is looming upon me! 

Friday's Free 4 All Challenge on Splitcoaststampers was all about spring.  Many of us are longing for it, especially as we get ore snow!  I decided to check out the palette for the week on The Color Throwdown, and it is perfect for a springtime card! 








I chose crumb cake for my card base.  The main panel is some specialty paper from SU; white with embossed patterns, ready for sponging or brayering.  I sponged calypso coral ink all over it, then added wild wasabi to the edges which, of course, turned brown.  I wasn't thrilled, but I kept it.  The stamped images are from SU's "Hello Again" using calypso coral, wild wasabi, crumb cake, and marina mist ink on whisper white, matted in wasabi.  Marina mist satin ribbon and enamel dots finish it off.

It's a bit drab for spring, but as I said in my SCS gallery, early March is usually quite drab in central Illinois!  I'll probably use this palette again, though it won't be on time for the Link-Up.  It's just too pretty not to give it a second shot! 

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment