Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Natural Touch


  Hello Stamping Friends!


Check it out...my second post this week!  Ha!  I made THREE cards yesterday, already uploaded to my SCS gallery, and now I am here.  What's up?  Well, yesterday was Ash Wednesday, and as part of my Lenten commitments I am reducing my time on Facebook and cutting out silly computer games.  I want to create more cards, and stamp more consistently.  I am also going to read more, and pray more.  Whether or not I'll blog more is yet to be seen!



My first card is for the Clean & Simple challenge over at SCS, to use an element three times in a row.  Using a beloved and long-retired SU set, "Touch of Nature," I stamped three butterflies using smoky slate, wisteria wonder and elegant eggplant.  I stamped the foliage around the edge in crumb cake.  The greeting is from "On Your Birthday."  I never would have considered these colors together, but The Color Throwdown couldn't be ignore!  The stamped panel is on a dry embossed whisper white layer; I can't remember the name of the embossing folder.  I added gingham ribbon, but I really should stay away from bows!  I couldn't get it to lay right, especially for a picture.  LOL  All of this is on an elegant eggplant card base.












My next card is for Tuesday's Color Challenge at SCS, using granny apple green, so saffron, pool party, and melon mambo.  I don't have the new green, but used lucky limeade.  The flower is from "Touch of Nature" and the sentiment is from "Sincere Salutations"  I originally planned this for the # in a Row CAS challenge, but it's not very CAS.  I doodled and sponged the grass.  The butterfly was in my little bag of die cuts, and the enamel dots and seam binding are where I added the pool party.



Finally, yesterday's Sketch at SCS is great for using coordinating pattern paper.  My card features Venetian Romance dsp, which has a lot of pistachio pudding & crisp cantaloupe.  I am purging about half of my SU inks, and those two are on the cutting block.  Before they go, I am trying to use up card stock, ribbon, and dsp.  By the time I'm done, I'll either be thrilled I'm getting rid of it, or I'll decide to keep it anyway!  LOL  Once again, I used "Touch of Nature" and "On your Birthday" stamps.  Ruffled ribbon and enamel dots pull it all together.

That's it for today.  Tomorrow night is the SCS Mini Virtual Stamp Night, and I am hosting the first challenge!  I made samples for my cards, but I need to finish samples for Misti & Lee's challenges.  Hopefully, I'll post them all tomorrow night or Saturday.  Less Facebook, more stamping...this will be great!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim







3 comments:

  1. Kim you have quite a way with layers. They all come together so nicely. Your butterflies for CTD are stunning. A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday card using the throwdown colors is so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful butterfly birthday card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!!

    ReplyDelete