Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, July 23, 2011

A Collection of Color Challenges

Hi there Stampin' Friends! While my hubby was working overtime today, I spent my birthday surrounded by ink and stamps and card stock! I had not done a Color Challenge from splitcoaststampers for a while, and decided to play. Some of my cards fit other challenges too. Ready?? Everything used is from Stampin' Up!


My first card...well, I must apologize. It was going to be this recent SCS challenge to use rich razzleberry, melon mambo and tangerine tango...but I just needed more contrast. So, I decided to try this week's ColourQ, which uses tangerine tango, green galore (retired), daffodil delight, and rich razzleberry. However, I already had the melon mambo in it...so it really is either both challenges combined, or both challenges messed up...depending on your perspective! I will say, it meets Wendy's Free 4 All challenge on SCS: 2 by 2. We were challenged to use 2 of everything. I have 2 bows of daffodil taffeta ribbon, 2 designer papers (both retired), 2 brads from the brights collection, 2 stems cut out with my sizzlit, and 2 flowers from Fifth Avenue Floral colored with blender pens. The basic pearls are colored with my tangerine marker. Even the Top Note Die and Curly Label punch are similar in shape. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday. I gotta tell you...I am not thrilled with this card. My 2x2 turned into TOO much! LOL! Maybe it's just me. I made this for a staff member who has a birthday this week. We'll see if I make something else!




My next card uses this week's SCS color challenge: Pool Party with Wasabi Chips. I started with a wild wasabi card base, and added a layer of whisper white. I used pool party and wild wasabi markers to color this spray of flowers from Thoughts and Prayers, and just touched them with my black stampin' write journaler. Then I ran the white through my Big Shot with the Petals a Plenty impressions folder...just a bit at the top and a bit at the bottom. I lightly sponged the embossed area with pool party ink. The sentiment is also from Thoughts and Prayers, punched out with the scallop oval punch and sponged with chocolate chip. I layered it over the new polka dot scallop ribbon. My last detail is a pool party brad, found in the new In-color brad package. I used my paper piercer and mat pack to punch through the ribbon and car stock. It's a bit close to the sentiment...forgot how big the brad is! The white layer is popped up with dimensionals.


I was going to add more cards...but this post is long enough!! Plus, it is late...went out to dinner with some friends tonight. Birthdays are fun when filled with family, friends, and stamping!!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

2 comments:

  1. Great cards. Hope you had a wonderful Happy Birthday! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards! I really like the way you incorporated the colors on the top card, such pretty flowers, too! Thanks for playing at CQC this week :)

    ReplyDelete