Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Couple of Other Color Challenges

Happy Sunday!! Went to church this morning, had a light brunch...then headed over to visit my sister and BIL. Great day all around!
Here are 2 more cards I made yesterday. The first I actually started earlier in the week..laid out the main panels. But I didn't know what to do with the image panel. The card is for one of my many nephews, and, if I had actually finished it on time it would have made it to his house on time. His birthday was Friday...oops! I am a pro at sending belated birthday cards!! The colors are from splitcoaststampers, a recent color challenge to use not quite navy, baja breeze, and cherry cobbler. The card base is cherry cobbler, and I ran the baja breeze through my Big Shot with my new houndstooth impressions folder. I used two patterns from the Nautical Expedition dsp, along with whisper white and not quite navy card stock. My image is Sail Away, from the Summer Mini. I confess, I got lazy and did very little to this image. I have seen some AMAZING cards with sunsets...maybe someday, I'll spend more time on this! I added cherry cobbler brads from the regals collection, and some cherry cobbler bakers twine. I also used my scallop oval, modern label, and word window punches, along with Teeny Tiny Wishes. Other than the sentiment layers, this also works with sketch challenge 341 on SCS.





My second card is another color challenge...and admittedly very different for a sympathy card...soft suede, melon mambo, and crumb cake. One of my staff members recently lost her mom. Despite this, she has an amazingingly cheery disposition. She loves pinks and yellows... what she calls "happy colors." My card base is soft suede, with layers of melon mambo and crumb cake. I finally purchased the eyelet border punch...might be my new favorite! I ran the crumb cake through the Big Shot with the elegant bouquet impressons folder. I used a sponge dauber to color the flowers with melon mambo ink, and added basic pearls that I had already colored. I used retired polka dot suede ribbon...and used a retired stamp set called Thanks for Caring on very vanilla, cut with my circles die and sponged with melon mambo. The butterfly was stamped in crumb cake and colored with my blender pen, then popped up with dimensionals. I think the melon mambo adds that bright hopefulness that a sympathy card should have. Whatcha think?




Hope to stamp more this week...until then...


Inky {{{HUGS}}}






5 comments:

  1. Both are great cards. I especially like the birthday cards; the colors and design are right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just awesome creations Kim! I do love the colors on the first one & the layout is great...very nice work my friend & TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love both these cards, but the first one is my fav. I love the colors and the design is great as well.

    I don't have time to comment on all the cards you've created since I was here last, but job well done! they are all amazing as usual, and I love the new look to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some lovely creations! The added pink on the sympathy card was such a gentle thoughtful touch, just perfect for comforting. Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete