Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Mashup! Let's Hear it for the Red, White,and Blue!

Happy Friday! Time for another fun Friday Mashup! Today, Holly gives us a chance to show our patriotism! This weekend, in the USA, we will celebrate the beauty of our independence as a nation. But any of you stampers from other countries can show us your national pride too! So, here's your challenge:

  1. Make a project using red, white, and blue


  2. Make a patriotic themed project


  3. Or Mash it up! and make a Red/White/Blue patriotic project!


There is a great single stamp in the Summer Mini which I did not order right away (Holly used it though!). But I still have this classic stamp from a long-ago retired set called Thankful Thoughts. I love this silouette image, and I love coloring it with night of navy, except for the real red on the flag. Doesn't it just pop? I put the image on whisper white, and used some older, retired pattern paper from a hostess pack. Lest you think everything is retired, my real red brads and grosgrain ribbon are current! LOL! I also added a ticket corner punch detail on the main image panel. Everything has been set on a real red card base...and is ready to go!


I do love being an American! For all the struggles we are going through, this is a beautiful country with tremendous blessings! Share a bit of patriotism with us this week! Go to the Friday Mashup and use keyword FM13 in your online gallery! Can't wait to see what you create!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous, patriotic card! I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, I really like the layout of your card and the deep versions of red and blue are very striking.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your card...just the perfect image and layout!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card Kim, I just love that image! I might have to try and find that set on Ebay!!

    Congrats on seeing the moose :) Its funny, I spent my teen yrs growing up in Colorado and never saw a moose or an elk! LOL

    Have a fantasic 4th of July! I too am so proud to be an American!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome.... I love the little parade!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that sweet image Kim! Great card for this week's challenge!
    Hugs,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning work! Love the stamped image - so festive and patriotic :) Great work! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I had this stamp - I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card; it's a terrific image. The colours and layout are great, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You did a FAB job with those colors Kim! I hope you had a very nice Holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great patriotic card, love the image and design!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's a beautiful patriotic card Kim! I'm glad to see someone else using retired product.

    ReplyDelete