Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Mashin' Up a Sketch

Hello Stamping Friends



I am posting a card for The Friday Mash-Up...barely on time.  I had a different plan for this card, and I made a huge mess with some black embossing powder.  Oh my.  So, in a pinch to get this uploaded, I made a simpler version.  This is also for last week's sketch challenge on SCS.



I am going to add details after church tonight.

Oops...it is now Thursday morning!  HA!  Any way, here is what I used.  My card base is crumb cake.  I embossed a piece of basic black with this Tim Holtz folder that has gears on it.  I distressed a piece of Limited Edition dsp by crinkling it up and sponging it with crumb cake ink.  Another Tim Holtz folder has this "umbrella man" which has a vintage feel.  Originally, I tried to do the embossed embossing with this figure.  What a mess!  Getting the black powder on that skinny umbrella handle; keeping the shape of the figure crisp and clean...yeah, that wasn't happening!  So, I embossed another piece of very vanilla, and simply sponged crumb cake on it. I added 2 black brads, and placed it on the dsp with dimensionals.  My next glitch?  I planned on using the word bubble that says "You're how Old?" to use this for my brothers birthday card.  BUT the direction of the bubble was wrong...it would have been as if someone off scene was asking umbrella man how old he is.  Oops.  So I used this other sentiment from "Just Saying'" and cut it out with the Word Bubble framelit.  I think it works well with this image.  Finally, I added some kitchen string, just because the card "needed" something else.  Thankfully, I uploaded to the Friday Mashup blog just in time!

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment:

  1. I love Umbrella Man and have used him on a card for next week! He is a perfect fit for this fun sketch, Kim!

    ReplyDelete