Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, March 20, 2015

It's Clearly Time for a Mashup!

Hello, and Happy Friday!!

It was so AMAZING to see all of the entries for the Friday Mashup #200 over the last two weeks!  Congratulations to all of the prize winners!  You can check out who they are (maybe You!) on this post.

This week, Amy has a fun challenge for us.  We can either

  • use the colors Rich Razzleberry, Smoky Slate and Pacific Point...
  • or we can use a clear element, such as vellum or acetate...
  • or we can Mashup!
Of course, I chose the Mashup!


I have been having fun with my Sheer Perfection Designer Vellum Stack, which I received with my recent Sale-a-Bration order.  I had avoided vellum for years, but when you get it for free, you have to try it out all over again!



My card base is smoky slate.  I used my labels framelits to cut out a window.  After choosing one of the vellum patterns, I colored the back side with a razzleberry marker, plus I sponged some pacific point ink in for the sky.  I used my heat gun, very gently, to heat set the color, then adhered it to the inside of my card.  I used a sentiment from "Because I Care" and paired it with my oval and decorative label punches.  Next, I added some taffeta ribbon, a small button, and a non-SU rhinestone flower for embellishment.  I love this ribbon..but it's tough to tie!  I consider it a bit of physical therapy!  The final details are tiny dots around the window, made with my razzleberry and pacific point markers.

Be sure to join along with us at The Friday Mashup again this week.  You can submit your projects up until next Wednesday.  I can't wait to see what you create!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Great use of the vellum, Kim! I really love the leaf one a few posts down, probably because of the Kiwi Kiss... miss that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim! Cute card, I love how you colored the back of the vellum, I always forget about vellum, too! LOL. So glad to have you along side us this month at the Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Kim! Between you and Heidi, I'm thinking I need some of that vellum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a soft and pretty card Kim, beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete