Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, March 30, 2015

Another Monday Post!

Hello Again!  TWO posts in one day!!

I set a goal to complete all of the 2015 sketch challenges from  both SCS and Freshly Made Sketches.  Well, I am very far behind at FMS...so instead of falling further behind, I threw this card together quickly.  I will likely tweak the design a bit, because I like it overall...but the embellishments?  Hmmm, not so much!  I combined it with this fabulous spring color palette from the ColourQ.  I posted it to the Freshly Made Sketches blog within seconds of the deadline!  Go Me!  haha

Seriously, I do find my creative juices flow with these challenges...but even more so when I have just an hour to complete them.  It's as if I am in perpetual Virtual Stamp Night mode!

My card base is blushing bride.  The next layer is more of the "Irresistibly Yours" paper from SU.  I sponged the pool party and old olive over the leaf pattern.  I was thrilled to actually have a piece of pale plum in with my perfect plum card stock (saved me time!). My sentiment is from SU's "Well-Scripted" and the flower is from "Friends Never Fade."  I colored the flower with markers: old olive, so saffron, pale plum, and perfect plum.  After rounding the corners, I sponge the edges of the whisper white just a bit.  Finally, I added some blushing bride pleated ribbon and a big designer button.  I wish I used a smaller button...but I didn't want to dig in my button box!  Looks like this will be a hand-delivered card!

Finding a clear spot to take a picture on time was a bit tricky...let's just say that I did a quick swoosh on one end of this table!  And I did the write-up after I linked up my card to FMS.  Now, I can link up to the ColourQ in an almost relaxed mode! heehee!

Thanks for stopping by...again!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

5 comments:

  1. I so find myself doing the swoosh for photos all the time!!! I love that background paper... and what a nifty idea to mix the colors right on the paper... is that legal in color challenges? Haha... I am sure it is. :D Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have loved that flower for a long time and it is so nice to see it here. What a pretty card this is! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! I'm crushing on that green and pink combination. And there's nothing like a good time crunch to make my mojo happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card- the flower image is very pretty- and I love the gathered ribbons. Your did a wonderful job with the color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful two-tone background...I have some of that beautiful ribbon too - I really must dig it out of my stash! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete