Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, January 18, 2013

Cards for My Staff

Hello Stamping Friends!!

Last October, I had three new people join the ministry staff.  That means that this week, I had three 90-day evaluations to complete. Each of these women are doing great work, so I enjoyed making cards for them.  I will post 2 cards today, both using daily challenges on splitcoaststampers.  The third one used a blog challenge, so it will have its own post.  :-)


The first card was for last Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge.  It had been ages since I participated in this challenge, but when I saw that Lynn (aka allee) was being honored, I had to join in.  She frequently makes comments on my cards...so I wanted to share the love!  You can see my inspiration card by clicking here.  I made the card for Julie, our new Director of Operations.  It is a new position for our ministry...and having her in-house allows me to spend more time connecting with the community and individual supporters.  My card base is peach pizzazz, with a layer of very vanilla.  I used various acrylic blocks to stamp with peach pizzazz, pumpkin pie, daffodil delight, melon mambo, and primrose petals.  My sentiment is from Stampabilities, stamped with pumpkin pie craft ink, then heat embossed.  The image is from "Of the Earth," a retired SU hostess set, also heat embossed.  I punched it out with a scallop circle,then sponged with peach pizzazz.  It sits over pumpkin pie taffeta ribbon.


The next card uses a recent SCS color challenge:  very vanilla, soft suede, and raspberry ripple.  I made this card for Kelley, who had been a volunteer, but was hired after a longtime staff member moved  away.  Kelley has been a blessing!  My card base is raspberry ripple.  The layers of soft suede and very vanilla were embossed in the Big Shot with the fancy fan folder.  I added both suede and raspberry ribbons.  The sentiment is from Stampabilities.  The flower is from SU's Mixed Bunch, punched out with the coordinating punch, and finished off with a gold brad.  I used my bird punch to get the soft suede leaves.

Thanks for stopping by!  It feels good to be stamping and  blogging on a regular basis again!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment