Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, January 21, 2013

Oh, by the way...

Hello Stamping Friends!

I have been super busy with stuff for work.  Or at least, I am trying to be busy!  So much to do, that my concentration level is way off.  Ever feel like that??  Any who...I haven't stamped for several days, and  probably will not stamp all week because of a prayer service coming up for my ministry.  But, I want to keep my blog active.  Well, I realized I have 2 dozen Christmas cards that I never posted.  I made them after Christmas vacation...so technically in 2013...but I mailed them as 2012 cards!  So I will post some cards today, and the others later this week.  I want to get these posted before I start THIS year's Christmas cards!

I had the card bases, sentiments, and inside panels done on these cards ages ago.  But my original design called for lots of water-coloring...and I just never got around to it.  So, I took a long-time favorite image from SU's "Miracle of Christmas."  The card base is island indigo.  The vertical strip is pool party, embossed with Petals-a-Plenty.  The sentiment is from "Rejoicing in Christmas," punched with my scallop oval and sponged lightly.  After I stamped the image with island indigo, and sponged with soft suede (to go with inside dsp), I knew I needed a pop of color.  So, I layered it with raspberry ripple.  (a few cards have bravo burgundy...had to use a scrap!)  The last detail is some soft suede grosgrain ribbon, plain side showing.  I didn't like the white polka dots with the vanilla card stock.  Picky picky!

Not my fave card this season...but not bad.  I am saving my favorite for last!  Stay tuned!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment