Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, January 7, 2013

Thanks for the Ride!!

Hello Friends!

Just a quick post today.  Simple card...no challenges.  I don't drive, so I often have to get rides from friends, especially for out-of-town appointments while dear hubby is at work.  Well, this past Friday, I needed such a ride, and my good friend, Mark, helped out.  I have known him for years...as long as I have lived here.  He plays guitar at church, I sing.  We each were a part of the ensemble at each other's weddings.  He's a great guy.  So I made this card...love how Snoopy is giving Woodstock a ride!

The card base is poppy parade, and the dsp is from last year's SU Sale-a-Bration...something vintage??  Funny...now that I am not a demo, I forget those details!  I stamped the image (from Stampabilities) in stazon black, and colored it with my SU markers:  poppy parade, basic gray, going gray, daffodil delight and pumpkin pie.  I layered it with pool party card stock, and added 2 tabs of poppy parade ribbon.  The sentiment is from Whimsical Words, punched out with a SU circle punch.

I hope to stock up on similar cards...for each of my friendly "chauffeurs!"

Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

1 comment: