Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sympathy Card

Hello Stamping Friends!

Today I have a card for last week's sketch challenge on SCS.  I needed a sympathy card for a volunteer who lost her best friend.

The card base is sahara sand.  My dsp is retired SU Parisian Breeze (maybe?).  I am not sure, but I had these scraps laying out.  I layered the dsp with bravo burgundy.  The image is from SU's "Bliss" stamped in pink pirouette and bravo burgundy, using the rock-and-roll technique.  The sentiment is from"Teeny Tiny Wishes."  I sponged so saffron on this panel, and a bit of burgundy on the edge, layering with sahara sand.  My embellishments are burgundy grosgrain ribbon, scrunched up using tacky tape, and a felt flower with silver brad.  My last touch was sponging the edges of the card base.

I loved this sketch...great for using scraps.  I may have to try it again sometime.

Have a great Sunday!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


2 comments:

  1. Always a difficult card to make, but your design is very attractive and uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card .... love the ruffled ribbon and ingenious use of the sketch!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete