Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Get Well, Jason

Hello everyone!  Here I am, blogging my 3rd card of the year...2nd card today!  I started my week by listing all of the cards I need for this month.  It was quite a list, since I have 2 new great-nieces, 2 people I know having surgeries, 8 birthdays, a cousin whose long-time boyfriend passed away, and my nurse manager preparing to retire February 1st.  Oh, not to mention those last minute 2012 Christmas cards!  LOL!

Today's card features the sketch challenge on SCS found here.  At first, I had no interest in using it, but decided to give it a go.  It isn't a complete match, but close! One of my nephew-in-laws had out-patient surgery today.  He loves cars (works as an auto mechanic), and hopes to get back to work soon.

My card base is soft suede textured card stock.  My layers are river rock and 2 patterns from Well Worn dsp, and I used my ticket corner punch.  The sentiment is from SU's Thoughts and Prayers, stamped in not-quite-navy.  The two embossed images are from Tim Holtz, as are the metal gears, which I attached with Tombow glue.  I sponged with soft suede and not quite navy ink.  My dusty durango ribbon is a little low for the sketch, but I did not want to cover the car!

I had fun creating this, as it is always a challenge to make guy cards.  I hope Jason likes it!  Even more, I hope he truly does get well soon!

Thanks for coming by again!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment