Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Lotsa Mommas!


So, Mother's Day was last weekend, and I made lots of Mother's Day cards. For my mom, my mother-in-law, several sisters-in-law, and 2 nieces who have kids. Fun!

I used several designs, so I wouldn't get bored. The first was actually a Stampin' Club project in April. It features the Manhattan Flower textured impressions embossing folder. LOVE this! We sponged apricot appeal and pretty in pink ink to highlight the image. The sentiment is from a mini occasion set...hope it makes the new Idea Book and Catalog (IBC)! The card base is almost amethyst (I will miss this color!), with a layer from Tea Party DSP. Celery ribbon and the scallop oval punch added for detail.


I also made a card with one of my new favorite stamp sets...Elements of Style! It is in the Summer Mini-Occassions catalog. This set includes this luscious floral image, a pretty bird, a flourish, and 2 sentiments. (The sentiment here is from Teeny Tiny Wishes.) It's gonna be fun to create all summer long with this! My colors are always artichoke, dusty durango, and crushed curry. Not all Mother's Day cards need to use soft subtles, right? I colored the image with my blender pens...a can't-live-without-it tool. I also sponged the edges...love the aged look!


The last card I will feature here uses a new technique for me: Burnishing. I was inspired to try this technique and this fun new set, Awash with Flowers, by a world-famous Stampin' Up! Demo, "Jan Tink". (Her last name is actually longer, but everyone knows her as Jan Tink!) She had a tutorial on her blog...and it is so easy! I will definitely use this technique at a future monthly stamp club! All it takes is pressing color into the card stock with a sponge dauber, and gradually working the color outward. Wow! I enjoy using rich regals and earth tones together. This card actually features LOTS of colors...all sticking around (or coming back!) for the Color Renovation: Soft Suede, Not Quite Navy, Rich Razzleberry, So Saffron, Always Artichoke, and Baja Breeze! The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, punched out with the word window punch. I'm telling you, those items get me to use the smallest of scraps! So cool! Hope you like this too! Be watching for the new IBC that arrives in July...and you too can own Awash with Flowers!!


I had about 5 other designs, but shucks, I don't want to bore you!! My next challenge will be to use all of these flowers in non-mommy cards. Hmmm...did I say that outloud? Guess I will have to really do it!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. I love all of these cards! They are beautiful and so nicely done! All the moms in your life were lucky to receive such wonderful cards for Mother's Day! Great work and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable Kim! I'll have to try burnishing with that set, it really works well with it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great coloring on the elements card!

    ReplyDelete