Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

How Many Colors Can I Post???

How many...in this one single blog post?? heehee!

Last week, splitcoaststampers Color Challenge #300 challenged us to go back and do as many color challenges from the past as we could in one week, before #301 gets posted.

I did none. Hmmm...so not like me!

Oh, I had good intentions, but my Christmas card mass production took priority. So, I am a week late on #300...and various weeks late on so many other challenges! LOL I have made a few cards, and I will post some today, finally!

The first card is this week's Color Challenge #301...Gray, Marina Mist, and Concord Crush. Since I still had 12 pieces of brushed silver, I decided to use that for my gray. The base is Marina Mist. I embossed the silver with the Northern Flurries impressions folder, found in the Holiday Mini. I layered it simply with some Concord Crush from the Hostess Level 1 In-Color Pattern Pack. I sponged a bit of concord crush on the snowflakes and around the edges for contrast. The sentiment is from On Your Birthday. Some more layers and satin ribbon finish it off.



Next, a bright, simple combo in Color Challenge #296...Tempting Turquoise, Poppy Parade, and Whisper White. I CASE'd a fun card from another SU Demo, Mary Fish. My card base is tempting turquoise, with a layer of retired Tropical Party dsp. (You could use the Brights Pattern Pack, as well.) I stamped Serene Snowflakes in turquoise, and punched out with the scallop square. I used On Your Birthday again, in poppy...which works great with these round fire brads. I wrapped some poppy parade twill ribbon as the last detail.



Finally, Color Challenge #299...River Rock (blech!), Real Red, and Old Olive. I was dreading this challenge, but amazingly, this is my favorite of the bunch! With a river rock card base, I added a layer of very vanilla, embossed with petals-a-plenty. I added satin ribbon in both red and olive. The main image is from Come to Bethlehem, stamped in river rock. I took my real red marker to outline it for contrast. Of course, I needed Teeny Tiny Wishes with the duo punches...word window and modern label. The last touch was a Jewel Basic Pearl (self-adhesive) on the star. I love the subtle elegance.

I have already mailed this card to our Medical Director. Good thing I have a picture so I can make more!!

So...3 cards...10 colors (including neutrals.) Not bad, huh?

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

6 comments:

  1. Wow - great collection of cards!

    The first one is so pretty and elegant.

    I love the layout and polka dots on the 2nd. It is so cheery and fun.

    The third is a beautiful classic. I love the ribbons.


    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these cards are great and really loving the colour combination on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I love this Bethlehem set. And I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great collection of cards! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful showcase of color and cards! I agree with you about River Rock (blech) but you really made it look amazing! I didn't think it actually WAS that color until I read your post. :) I love, love, love that first color combo. I just wrote it down to try out myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete