Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Collection of Valentines

Hello there! Even with 2 snow days this week...or maybe because of it...my mojo was frozen! Took me forever to find it...but this weekend it returned!

I made several Valentines, duplicating a few designs. I hope to sell some cards. Stampin' Up has several stamps you can use for their "Angel Policy." It allows you to sell projects made with their copyrighted images... and for me, it is a way to recoup some of my expenditures. Trust me, I don't "make" money at this...I spend much more! LOL!! At any rate, I'll bring some to work, as will my hubby. Here are just a few examples...

The first two cards combined a color challenge from two weeks ago...soft suede, elegant eggplant and riding hood red...along with today's featured stamper challenge. I used the same card stock and neutral DSP, and the same stamp set, Love You Much. I added satin ribbon and retired eggplant ribbon originals (the ric-rac). One card used buttons, the other brads.. I cut the birds out for the first card, making a better CASE of this card. But, ugh. I can't cut well! So, I made another version, stamping on a scallop circle,and mounting it on a layer cut out layer, using the Big Shot and the Sizzix circle die. The brads make the card much easier to mail, too. I also decorated the inside of each of my cards. Well, the first one was done after Bruce took a picture!

The next card is very different for a Valentine...in fact, it is simply a card about love, so it really could be appropriate any time of the year. This week's color challenge was a tough one...river rock, basic gray, and whisper white. I drew a blank. But yesterday's Inspiration challenge gave me some help. The inspiration site had this odd gift...and the neutral tones with simple geometric shapes inspired my card. I used my heart punch, and after taping them down, I ran the entire layer through my big shot with the square lattice folder (an idea I saw on another demos blog.) I added large antique brads which are gorgeous! I didn't want to say the usual Happy Valentine's Day on the front...but why not say "forever", right? It's from Fabulous Phrases, which is a wonderfully versatile stamp set. For a change of pace, I stamped it on a modern label punch, but cut off one end...then added a basic gray brad and popped it up on dimensionals.

There's more...but seriously,I need to go to bed!! Hope you all have a great mojo-filled week!!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of this technique I really have to make sure I get around to trying it out! Love the colors you used as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! I love those love birds!

    ReplyDelete