Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, September 2, 2011

Friday Mashup! Behind Door Number...

Hello Stampin' Friends! It's Friday, and I get to be your Friday Mashup challenge hostess this week! WooHoo!! Funny thing is, this challenge even threw me off a bit! Sometimes I want to make a card, so I grab a piece of card stock, cut it in half, and poof...there's my card base. The biggest decision may be horizontal or vertical...hmmmm...kinda boring! I have to force myself to use a "fancy fold," which is silly, since some are not that hard. The gate fold is one of them, and now that I have my NEW Simply Scored tool (available in the Holiday Mini catalog now!), I get my folds just right! I have also started using chipboard...especially numbers since I have NO number stamps! Gasp! Numbers are fun for birthdays, anniversaries, or quirky "text" messages on your projects. So...here is your challenge:



1. Make a card using a gate fold...any variety of the gate fold
2. Make a project using numbers...any numbers, stamped (if you have them!), chipboard, die cut, stickers...

3. Or Mash it Up and make a gate fold card with numbers


Here is what I created:



A sweet couple who supports the ministry here every month...and who has been doing so for YEARS...is celebrating their Silver Anniversary this weekend. I started with a basic black card base. I added baja breeze and basic gray pattern paper from the neutrals paper stack to each side panel. I initially planned a sentiment for the center, but my numbers are big, so I placed them in the center instead. I used a sponge dauber to coat the chipboard in craft ink, then covered with silver embossing powder, heating it so it gets nice and shiny. I placed the numbers on an extra large baja breeze scallop circle. It's been a while, but note the return of the word window and modern label punches with Teeny Tiny Wishes!! Finally, I accessorized with basic jewel rhinestones and baja breeze seam binding.
I hope you join the party at the Friday Mashup! Check out the FABULOUS DT cards and be inspired! Be sure to usekeyword FM22 in your online gallery and link it here.


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, what a fabulous anniversary card! Great inspiration for our players too.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card, Kim. Thanks for reminding me that 25=Silver; I celebrate that with my husband next month. I need to keep it in mind! I love the big numbers as your central focus! They're wonderful - and of course the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kim! You really made me think with this challenge, which is a good thing! I like being forced out of my comfort zone!

    This card is SO pretty, I love it. I really like the big numbers and how they really grab your attention in the middle of the card.

    Thanks for a fantastic challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kim, you really had me thinking with this challenge, but that's ok I love to be challenged in my card making. Great Card by the way, love the baja breeze and basic grey together, but then again I love baja breeze with any color, one of my go to colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the silver letters Kim.. They just make the whole project and they go great with that DSP you used. What a sweet cad for a great couple I'm sure they will love it. Thanks for the great challenge this week I think this is my first Gatefold Card. Not as hard as I thought they'd be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome Kim! What a great idea for an Anniversary card! Love the silver numbers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very pretty, love the colours and the 25 is fab. x

    ReplyDelete