Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Well Worn Birthday



Hello again! As I mentioned earlier, we are hosting a birthday party for my mother-in-law, but one of my nephews also has a birthday coming up. He is in his early 20's. I don't know about you, but guy cards are tough for me, especially young adult cards.

Well Worn designer series paper from Stampin' Up to the rescue! I simply placed this pattern which has a fleur du lis pattern on my basic black card base. I added extra large silver brads at the corners. The sentiment is from Delightful Dozen, stamped in not quite navy ink on very vanilla card stock. I also lightly sponged with river rock and basic gray and layered it on river rock card stock. The final detail is tearing the edges and sponging with more basic gray ink.


Hope he likes it! The DQ gift card inside should help the cause!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

  1. Oh you're right - cards for boys/men are extremely difficult to make!
    I've been using small metal charms on my cards for a while and lately came across some tiny tools which suited a card for my dad perfectly, as he's constantly doing handy-man stuff at home.
    I think your card here turned out great. The colors sure must be perfect for a 20 something.
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, masculine card! Love the papers & sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fantastic masculine card. I love how you used that paper! It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely done! Love the new blog look!

    ReplyDelete