Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Love a Double Challenge!

Hello everyone! I am posting AGAIN this week....wow! Nothing like a New Year to get me on the right track! Today I have a card which is well...different...for me at any rate. I combined this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge with a very tricky ColourQ challenge. I think "tweens" when I look at the colors, but it's been a long time since I have been a tween! LOL!! But I wanted to try some blog challenges just for fun, and this is my end result. I believe that writing up a blog post with 2 challenge icons is a real trick...so we'll see how often I do this! LOL!!




























All of the products used are from Stampin' Up, though some are retired.I don't have any Going Gray ink or card stock, so I used Basic Gray for my card base. I added horizontal strips of pretty in pink card stock with some long-ago retired "ribbon originals." The melon mambo layer is a piece from last year's Sale-a-Bration catalog. Just want this to prompt you to check out this year's SAB items... *wink*. I stamped I {Heart} Hearts in the challenge colors on whisper white card stock. I used my scallop trim border punch to coordinate with the scallop design on the dsp. Finally, I added a pretty in pink heart stamped with Well Scripted in basic gray. Truth be told...it covers up an unfortunate smudge! Shhhhhhhhh...don't tell anyone!!



Inky {{{HUGS}}}

11 comments:

  1. Now isn't this fun??!! I love the rick-rack! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on both challenges! I love the non-traditional colors for a Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card, Kim! Love the stamping and the rick rack! Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this fun assortment of patterned hearts! Very sweet card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. any card with ric rack is great. good job on the sweet card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a bright and happy card! Great use of the colors. Thanks for playing with us at ColourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the ric rac and dps. Such a fun design.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous ... great job on these challenges .. love how you have used these funky fresh colours and that rik rak is super!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty Valentine card! I love that rick rack ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card, Kim! I LOVE rick rack so much and it looks so pretty on your card! So glad to see you over at Freshly Made Sketches. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete