Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Mashing it Up with Dare to Get Dirty!

Hello!  Long time no see!  Last weekend I made 5 cards but did not post any here.  Then yesterday I made 9...and I realized I better post something for crying out loud!  Heehee!  The 14 cards I made were for a fabulous week of challenges on Splitcoaststampers...Dare to Get Dirty.  The Dirty Dozen is the amazing design team on SCS, and in July, we all get a chance to join in a lot of challenges.  I had high hopes of doing all 38 challenges, but shucks, my job got in the way!  None the less, I had fun...and I may have time to do a couple more before tomorrow night's deadline.  One of the challenges coordinated well with this week's Friday Mashup, so I am entering this card in both.
So here is the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with a "Stick Pin on it."
  2. Or Make a "Vintage" project.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Vintage project with a Stick Pin on it."

Well, I don't have any stick pins, so I just stuck with the vintage portion of this challenge.  Trust me...it was hard NOT to mash it up!  My card base is soft suede.  The next layer is retired pattern paper, but I distressed it so much, you can barely see the original floral pattern!  I crumpled it, and sponged it with river rock and soft suede ink.  The image panel features images from Nature Walk in soft suede, cherry cobbler and marina mist, and then was also distressed.  The sentiment is from Kindness Matters, paired up with oval punches.  I added cherry cobbler seam binding with crochet trim, scrunched up for dimension. 

I made this card late last night...not bad for being sleepy, huh?    Thanks for stopping by!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}





3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Kim! I made a bunch of cards for the Dirty challenges too, and it was too tempting to combine them. I didn't get them all done, by far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous vintage card! Love the layered lace and ribbon! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful vintage card, Kim! I love what you've done on that paper in the background to create that vintage look. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete