Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Poor Flopsey

Hello Stamping Friends!

This weekend, I am focusing on Virtual Stamp Night over at Splitcoaststampers.  Not only did I join the team of hostesses for the first time...I got to host two challenges!!
The overall theme was "Birds and Bees and Creepy Crawlies".  I was thinking of the Itsy Bitsy Spider, and decided to use a "Rain or Shine" theme for my second challenge.  I have this adorable Flopsey stamp set from My Favorite Things...and he needed to get inked up!  There's still time to play!!


I used this month's sketch challenge from My Favorite Things for their Guest DT search.  I have followed some regular DT members for a while...so to join this talented crew would be AMAZING!  I love to color, even at the age of 47!  Like many of you, I am learning more about this option...so I look forward to growing in my skills.  I love that the fonts of many of their stamp sets match...so it is easy to mix and match sentiments on the front and inside!  I am a bit bummed that Flopset retired...but I snatched up many images during a great sale.  My other favorite stamp series are Clearly Sentimental and Who's that Girl.?  I hope to collect more of them, and other goodies soon!

For my VSN card, I wanted colors for a rainy day, and these patterns from long-retired Urban Oasis dp (SU) fit the bill.  Great chance to use up my stash, right?  I used the Cloudy Day embossing folder on the baja breeze and basic gray card stock.  I stamped Flopsey in basic black craft ink, added black embossing powder, then embossed so my coloring wouldn't smudge the little guy.  I used my blender pen with basic gray, baja breeze, kiwi kiss, and creamy caramel inks.  Not exactly "water coloring"...but close.  My spider?  Well that was the "dessert" option for my challenge!  Silly, I know!

  I also used my versamarker and clear embossing powder for the raindrops before sponging baja breeze around the image.  I wanted to use one of the sentiments from the same set, but I just could not get it to fit into the sketch, so I added one from Teeny Tiny Wishes, with a corduroy brad.

I had so much fun hosting two VSN challenges!  I'll post my other card tomorrow (if I can get Blogger to upload pics!)...and hopefully more cards will show up throughout the week.

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim


No comments:

Post a Comment