Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, August 15, 2014

Colorful Works of Art

Hello & Happy Friday!

I have been playing with my friend's stamp set, "Work of Art," all day today.  Most of my cards use at least 2 of the new in-colors from SU, but then I realized that I needed to play with more colors.  I still had this week's SU color challenge, plus last week's.  I had tried to incorporate it with a DTGD challenge, but it didn't happen. So, today I am catching up on my favorite personal challenge...finishing up the 2014 SCS color challenges!



This week's color challenge features So Saffron, Bermuda Bay and Blackberry Bliss.  I am so happy to have this luscious blackberry bliss ink and ribbon so I could play along.  The "Work of Art" stamp set is sooooooo easy to work with...just stamp randomly!  I used some old bermuda bay pattern paper (from my scrap pile, of course!) for the lower layer.  The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes."  Scraps of so saffron pattern paper and Moonlight dsp were used to surround the sentiment.  I used 3 punches: word window, modern label, and scallop oval.


Next, I have a card for last week's color challenge:  cherry cobbler, daffodil delight, wild wasabi, and pool party.  I decided to take the abstract stamps from the same set to create a summer scene.  I mounted that on pool party.  It is difficult to see, but I added a layer of cherry cobbler which is embossed with the chevron folder.  The sentiment is punched out with a scallop circle and sponged generously.  Satin daffodil ribbon adds a light finishing touch.

I really like how easy this set is to use, but also how versatile it is.  I'm kinda bummed that it isn't my set!  LOL  Hope to order my own set in the not-too-distant-future.



Thanks for coming by...


Inky {{{HUGS}}}

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment