Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Some More Fall Sketches

Hello, and Happy Tuesday

It is getting a bit late, but I wanted to post the other cards I made Sunday.  Like yesterday's post, these cards feature SU' s "Autumn Meadows" dsp, "Happiest Birthday Wishes," and the retired colors taken with teal and really rust.  Even the sentiments are all stamped on pieces of dsp...as there was a lot of neutral space on some of the sheets.

Three cards use sketches from Splitcoastatmpers, the last one uses no challenges (gasp!)

 Like my goal to complete 2015 challenges on Freshly Made Sketches, I am trying to do the same with SCS.  I am way behind, but I've got 3 here.  For this one, I used several punches and candy dots for the various circles.  The strip of ribbon isn't technically a part of the sketch, but you get the idea!








I always like diagonal lines, so this sketch was fun.  The badge is a bit blurry, but I think I got it right.  You might think the center is just plain vanilla paper, but there are tiny bits of color that show up in real life.  When I added the candy dots, I could tell they weren't going on straight, so I arched them a bit.  More mustard grosgrain ribbon shows up again.










The center panel of this sketch uses dsp that was almost blank, so I could place things almost anywhere.  The leaves are more from my die cut stash.  Instead of candy dots, this card has brads...I have to use them sometime!














Finally, this card features a pretty piece of paper that hardly needed a thing.  I just added a sentiment on a scallop circle, and some more grosgrain ribbon.  Easy peasy!


That's it for today.  I am going to grab a book, and call it a night!  Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}
Kim

6 comments:

  1. Great fall cards! I love the blue hue you used on the first one. I don't remember Taken with Teal but it sure looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful autumn colors and leaves on these wonderful designs, Kim! I am almost out of teal and rust! I am sad that they are gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your take on the sketches! I love to use a good sketch for my cards, and really prefer them to most other challenges. Love the rust with Teal- pretty color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your interpretation on these sketches is wonderful. And you are using one of my all time favorite DSPs. I still have a little left and I don't want to use it up. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are awesome cards. I enjoy seeing how each card is uniquely different in the placement of the sentiments and such. Great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great fall colors. Love the sketches. I might have to go make up a few cards so I don't lay awake in bed thinking of all the things I could be making ;)

    ReplyDelete