Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, December 11, 2015

Virtual Trip Around the World

Hello, and Happy Friday!!


It's time for Virtual Stamp Night!!  (Technically 2 nights) and I have a bunch of cards to post.  Our theme is "Around the World in 80 Days."  I hosted a challenge earlier this evening, plus I have cards for two other challenges that went live tonight.  As a hostess, I get a heads-up on the challenges.  This allows hostesses to make cards in advance, then watch the gallery for YOUR cards and make lots of comments!  I love sharing the gallery love!

My challenge takes us to the Tuscan hills of Italy.  I bought this fantastic image on Ebay; it's an old Inkadinkado image.  It is stamped in Stazon jet black on very vanilla, then colored with blender pens and sponged.  I used lots of colors:  always artichoke, more mustard, cherry cobbler, bravo burgundy, concord crush, crumb cake, soft suede, and rich razzleberry.  After tearing the edge, I layered it on suede, embossed with the wood grain folder, all on a razzleberry base.  The sentiment is from SU's  "Whimsical Words."  My accessories include candy dots and very old SU ribbon.









Next, I have a card featuring Tulips from Holland.  I bought several embossing folders by Darice this summer, but had not used them.  This one has a whole bunch of tulips, some raised, some indented.  Lots of fun and perfect for this challenge.  I colored the flowers with my blender pens, using gumball green, daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, and melon mambo.  The clouds are from SU's "Send Me Soaring," stamped in tempting turquoise.  The verse is from "Happiest Birthday Wishes" on a scallop circle with some pink gems.  All of this is layered on daffodil delight and tempting turquoise card stock.   (Grrr...Blogger isn't letting me move my card to the right...)



Finally for tonight, we have a Japanese and tea theme.  I also attempted to combine this with a recent SCS sketch challenge.  It doesn't look great, but it is done!  The stamps are from SU's "Tea Shoppe."  It is hard to see, but the black and the narrow white strip are dry embossed with another Darice folder.  I added candy dots and bakers twine.  The colors are tempting turquoise, basic black, whisper white, and real red.

I'll post more cards tomorrow.  You still have time to play along!  While the challenges are posted over two days, you have a full week to participate.  Hope you can join in the fun!



Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

2 comments:

  1. I love that Tuscany card- the colors are just beautiful! And, the spring colored Tulips- I love it- and that you are using unused supplies : ) I love Oriental themed cards- very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three fabulous cards, Kim!! The one for your Tuscan challenge is my favorite! What a stunning image colored with such delicate beauty!

    ReplyDelete