Happy Saturday, everyone!
I have a few more cards for Virtual Stamp Night today. There were 14 total challenges. With the four I am posting, I have nine done; not sure if I will get to the other challenges. I planned on it, but with Holy Week services and a conference next week, stamping ended on the back burner. I will likely do the other challenges after I return, as a way of thanking my fellow hostesses. So, a very quick post...I uploaded the pictures and set this aside again! But I can't have them sit in my drafts any longer.
The first card is for my challenge, to create a card with a brayered sky. I used daffodil delight, pumpkin pie, tangerine twist, and regal rose. After getting one streak on the sun accidentally, I added others..not thrilled with the result. I took this butterfly out of my baggie of die cuts. The sentiment is from "Because I Care," stamped in rich razzleberry on so saffron dsp. I added some taffeta ribbon also. It's rare that I use regal rose, but I like it for my sunrise card!
Next, a card I made way in advance because I needed a sympathy card. Sabrina's challenge was to "Brighten the Grey," by using just yellow with a grey card. The image is from "Asian Artistry," colored with basic gray and daffodil delight markers. I sponged smoky slate in the sky, and used my dauber to make the sun. The dsp is from SU "Parker's Patterns." I added a Teeny Tiny Wish sentiment and some non-SU enamel dots.
The next card is for Merla's challenge, to use something new in our stash. Well, I have this new "Going Global" stamp set, along with "Going Places" dsp, both from SU. I think they will be very nice for masculine cards. The corrugated paper is actually from a swap. Of course, I also have Teeny Tiny Wishes here. The dsp calls for the new Dijon color, but I just used plain ol' more mustard. ;-) Looks nearly the same.
Finally, this fun card for Lisa's challenge, "A Sunny Boat Ride." The card features the "Sail Away" single stamp, plus a fun sentiment from "Going Global." Again, I used "Going Places" dsp, this time with patterns that feature lost lagoon. Hard to tell, but I did use my Cuttlebug "Divine Swirls" embossing folder on the dsp. I colored the image with blender pens and sponging, using sahara sand, lost lagoon, riding hood red, and more mustard. Bakers twine finishes it off.
That's all I have today. I actually need to make a birthday card for my 2 year old great-niece, whom we will be seeing tomorrow at the family Easter gathering. If I'm lucky, I'll get a picture...and maybe post it before the end of April! LOL
Have a great weekend!