Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, October 3, 2016

Paisley Set

Hello, and Happy Monday!

I had grandiose plans for Saturday, which was World Card Making Day.  Usually, I am out of town on the 1st Saturday of the month, but there was a change in plans, so I thought "I'll stamp all day."  Instead, I ended up working on my speaker blog posts, since I have 2 presentations later this month.  (It's Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness month, so I shared some thoughts here.) BUT, I did manage to make 4 cards, then 2 more yesterday.

My first card uses the Freshly Made Sketches challenge seen here.  I had only glanced at my reminder email, knowing I needed a pennant.  Now I see it is lower than the top of the card.  Oh well...I'm happy with the results any way!  As I look at this, I realize I still need to finish off the inside of these cards before I mail them.














The second card uses a SCS sketch found here.  It's definitely modified because of the size of that quote.  In addition to WCMD, Saturday was the Feast of St Therese of Lisieux.  She's a "rock star" among Saints in the Catholic Church, known for her "Little Way."  Mother Teresa's (now St. Teresa of Calcutta) quote here is actually inspired by Therese, so I thought it was a perfect day to bring out this stamp.










Each feature "Paisley Petals," like my header on this blog!  One of my favorite ways of using a lot of dsp (especially if I have been hoarding it for a long time) is to use sketch challenges.  I only did that with 2 of the cards; the others were made with no challenges.


The materials are as follows:

  • Card stock: river rock, bravo burgundy, not quite navy, whisper white, and very vanilla
  • Ink: not quite navy, river rock
  • Stamps: Stampabilities (Praying), Mother Teresa quote from a big box store, unmarked
  • Embellishments: bakers twine, enamel dots, brads, twill ribbon, taffeta ribbon 
  • Tools: Beautiful Wings embosslits, scallop circle punch, Vintage wallpaper embossing folder

While I didn't stamp as much as I thought I would this weekend, I am very happy with the cards I did complete. Thanks for stopping by!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards! I just love that Mother Teresa sentiment. Perfect! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete