Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Monday, May 15, 2017

Throwing Down some Color, Baby!

Happy Monday, everyone!



I have a couple of cards today for The Color Throwdown blog.  I needed some baby cards, and these soft palettes were a great jumping off point.   I actually set up this post LAST week, thinking I'd get several cards done.  Nope, just one.  But today, I am adding the current challenge just barely before the link-up deadline.  A friend of mine is due to deliver a baby boy by c-section at the end of the month.  The fact that her card is already done is either very funny or downright scary!  I have been behind All. Stinkin'. Year!  Any way, I chose SU's set "Fox and Friends" to make some patterned paper.  The sentiment is long-retired "So Very," also from SU.  I used soft sky, so saffron, smokey slate, and baked brown sugar inks.  A very simple layout with the challenge colors made this a quick card.  Some enamel dots and bakers twine wrap it all up.



This is the first card I made for this post.  I am working on past challenges from The Color Throwdown, and #427 is from the end of January!  I opted for a stamp set that isn't typically my go-to for baby cards:  "Vintage Vogue."  My nephew and his wife just had a baby girl...this card was NOT made in advance!  They actually did not find out the baby's gender until birth.  Rare these days, but I love it!  I chose blushing bride, pool party, and peaar pizzazz inks. The focal point is made with SU's "Baby Prints," outlined with my pear pizzazz marker.  The ribbon is left over from a recent gift (I never throw ribbon away!) and the shimmer enamel dots are from The Paper Studio.  I popped up a sentiment from "Teeny Tiny Wishes" as the final detail.


That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!!


Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

4 comments:

  1. Fun baby cards...love the background using the current CTD colors! Perfect for your friend and the new little one! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These cards are both so soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are adorable, Kim!! Great colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the softness of your choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete