Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, April 10, 2019

Sketchy Wednesday!



Recently, I was asked to join the Sketch Challenge Team on Splitcoaststampers, and I am thrilled!  I get the sketches in advance, and post late Tuesday nights.  Deadlines are good for me!  I'll be on the DT April through September.




Today's Sketch #744 came from Cathy (cathymac) and it has lots of layers.  I love layers!  Great way to use designer paper, which I have in seemingly endless supply.  I pulled out SU's "Painted Blooms" dsp which has lots of wonderful colors.  My stamps are from Unity Stamp Company, "...So very Grateful."  My first attempt was watercolor, but the wc paper was too yellow for this designer paper.  At least I have a colored image to use later!  Instead, I stamped with Stazon jet black on whisper white, then colored with markers.  Couldn't find my blushing bride marker, so I used regal rose, along with rich razzleberry, blackberry bliss, daffodil delight, wild wasabi, and marina mist.  The sentiment is punched out and popped up, then adorned with a tiny enamel heart. 









Last week's Sketch was from Diane (DCinkit).  It's very different, with the multiple strips.  First, I started with a card base of sahara sand and SS pattern paper.  I then opted to create a scene, cutting it up.  I used SU's "Wetlands" and my aqua brush for the beach scene in sahara sand, bordering blue, and regal rose. The sentiment is from "Teeny Tiny Wishes," stamped in island indigo. I chose to keep it just on the word window punched piece so the original sketch is not obstructed.  Lots of baker's twine finishes it off. 


It's going to be lots of fun creating these sketch cards over the next 6 months.  Be sure to join in; there are no deadlines to upload on SCS!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment