Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Dare to Get Messy!

Messy with sponging!
Hi Stamping Friends! This is Wednesday, and that means time for another Color Dare!! I am a little late to the party, but I hope my card is worth the wait. Riley chose a wonderful combo that I have used once ore twice myself... Cajun Craze, Baja Breeze, and Not Quite Navy. If you remember your color wheel from art class, orange and blue are opposites, so they "work" together well. This is just a modern take on that combo.
A dear friend and ministry partner passed away this week, and so I needed a sympathy card for his wife, who is also dear to me. The colors made me think of a sky at sunset, which I thought was appropriate for the occassion. I sponged baja breeze on whisper white, then stamped images from "Just Believe" in baja and not quite navy. I then sponged, very heavily, cajun craze, using a scrap piece of paper from punching out a circle. (Good thing I had not cleaned up yet...I may have thrown it away!) I lightly sponged cajun craze randomly in the sky. My hands were a mess! But it's all worth the mess, right? The sentiment is from Thoughts and Prayers with the scallop oval, layered over a baja breeze oval as well. I layered the main panel on cajun craze pattern paper from the regal paper stack. Then I trimmed it off with my scallop border punch and some tiny basic pearls. A big bow from baja breeze seam binding is the finishing touch.
I hope you play along with this week's Color Dare! Check it out at http://colordare.blogspot.com The design team has great stuff to inspire you!! Just put CD104 in the keywords for your online gallery.
Inky {{{HUGS}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment