Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

More Sneak Peaks!

Hello Friends!
Quick post today...my arthritis meds are making me queasy! Yuck! Getting in the way of my stampin' mojo!
I made 2 cards last weekend that I had not yet posted. They feature the new stamp set Simply Soft. Love these floral images! Great for water-coloring! I went crazy on the first card...using all of the new in-colors. It was a personal challenge. Not thrilled with the result, but hey, I met my challenge! Card base is chocolate chip...I added 2 strips of pool party, embossed with petals a plenty folder. I stamped the image with stazon black on watercolor paper, then colored with all the new colors. I layered it on lucky limeade and calypso coral, and added some of the new polka dot ribbon. I made it a birthday card with my good friend Teeny Tiny Wishes and my punches.

The next card is much cleaner and simpler...and I like it so much better! I used a blushing bride card base. I stamped the image on watercolor paper, colored with wild wisteria and lucky limeade. I added some ribbon scraps from an earlier project (colored with my wisteria marker.) A strip of lucky limeade lines the bottom. I used my scallop trim punch, and the sentiment is from Kind Thanks.
Before I leave, I want to remind you there is still time to participate in the Friday Mashup challenge! Since I hosted this week,I want to see everybody!! LOL!! http://fridaymashup.com
Inky {{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

  1. Kim, many hugs to you, m'dear and I'm sorry to hear about your medications making you queasy! I hope it settles and things fall back into their happy place :) Your cards sure are a breath of fresh air! Exquisite paper choices - so soft and wonderful like a beautiful flower garden's colors would hold! The images are super lovely, too - you've done a wonderful job! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards! Also nice to see the new colors. Hope you feel better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to highlight some new colors. I love the limeade, wisteria, blushing bride combo!

    ReplyDelete