Kim Padan: Pro-Life Speaker

Friday, December 2, 2011

Friday Mashup!! Shake, Shake, Shake, Senora!!

Hello Stamping Friends! My post is a bit late...guess who fell asleep on the couch in front of the TV last night? Sheesh! Yesterday was my first day back to work after vacation, and it was BUSY! Thank goodness I have the weekend coming just around the corner! LOL!
This week's Friday Mashup http://www.fridaymashup.com is a lot of fun! It comes from one of our newer Design Team members, Rita. I LOVE her creations! But wow...she really challenged me this week! Ready to be challenged? Here ya go!
  1. Make a project featuring a "Shaker card"
  2. Make a project featuring a "Winter Theme"
  3. Or Mash it Up and make a Shaker card with a winter theme!

I don't mind admitting that I had never made a shaker card before. Wait...just one, in a club before I was a demo. I forgot about that one. But I had no window sheets or foam tape...what to do, what to do?? Well, Duh! I have these fabulous treat cups! Last time I used one, I filled it with candy, which was fun, but not the same effect. Today's card has pretty (but not edible!) Mica Flakes, found in the Stampin' Up Holiday Mini catalog. My card base is baja breeze, with some blushing bride, then a layer of whisper white stamped with Serene Snowflakes. My treat cup is surrounded by a scrap of retired Candy Cane dsp, with real red snowflakes inside. Weird to have red snowflakes, I know. But it goes with the dsp and I wanted them visible behind the flakes! The sentiment is from On Your Birthday, punched with the decorative label punch, and layered over garden green card stock. My ribbon is the fabulous blushing bride twill ribbon.

This card requires hand delivery or a big, padded envelope. I am sending it to a dear friend in Colorado. Then again, maybe she doesn't need anymore snow! LOL!

Hope you can join us again this week at the Friday Mashup! http://www.fridaymashup.com Can't wait to see what's shakin'!

Inky {{{HUGS}}}

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kim, Red snowflakes work! Great card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wondeful card, the treat cup worked great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the red snowflakes look great Kim! That DSP is some of my very favorite and I still have a stash of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the snowflakes hiding in the cup behind the DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have snowflakes behind you shaker area.. So cute! Great color combo for a Winter card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card and the red snowflakes are fab! I love snowflakes in any colour to be honest! Thank you for inviting me to join you all as a GDT member this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, I love that you made it into a birthday card! That's just too fun!

    ReplyDelete